Tape up a load of sweets and gifts in sticky tape. Play pass the parcel with the ball.
We recently discovered this game when I was checking out pass the parcel. Basically a massive ball of tape, full of prizes to discover.
It’s a lovely idea which you can play at most parties. It works well for sleepovers, kids parties and for family events.
- enough small gifts for all the players. Get wrapped candies, lollipops, sweets and choices, trinkets, coins. Anything small, fun and cheap.
- a single larger gift for the end of the game
- sticky tape or clingfilm: plenty of this!
- a pair of dice
Now wrap everything in the tape. You can also use clingfilm – it’s a bit easier to unwrap.
Start with the large gift, tape it up loosely, then add in a small gift, and more tape. Repeat.
When you reach the end of the tape its a good idea to stick a piece of paper under the end to make it easy to find.
You end up with a big sticky tape “prize ball”.
Everyone sits in a circle.
Give the prize ball to one person – the birthday person is best.
Have your scissors ready for them to use.
Give the dice to the next person in the circle.
Now start: the first player starts unwrapping: pulling off the tape and aiming to get as many gifts as they can.
At the same time, the next player is throwing the dice.
As soon a they roll a double (any pair), they grab the prize ball, pass the dice on, and the unwrapping continues!
The game continues until the main prize at the end.
TIPS & VARIATIONS
- As a variation, you can include envelopes with a forfeit written inside: when someone unwraps the forfeit, the game stops whilst they do it.
- You can experiment with different types of tape: duct tape, clear tape, Sellotape and clingfilm.
- Try using two balls if you have more than 8 people, to avoid too much waiting time
- A great variation is to wear a pair of gloves; it’s makes the unwrapping super tricky!